Thursday 11 October 2012

Day 7 - Zion national park - UTAH!


(Tip of the day - if you tap or click a photo it will enlarge & you can enlarge a video by clicking the icon on the bottom right hand corner)

We leave our typical motel in Cedar City and head off for Zion National Park. The derive through Cedar Valley has very unusual vegetation - Aspen Trees - unique to this area and most colourful at this time of the year.

This is a little video pan of the area






I met this funny guy ( a cyclist ) at a lookout point - this joke is for my Tuesday night drinking buddies in Greystones.






As we head along the road Bob points down into a huge valley "That's Zion National Park below"





The drive down is amazing - and very scary!





We decide to stay in a lovely hotel - sharing a what is effectively a luxury log cabin with the best ever views of landscapes.

















The balcony of our cabin looks over the pool and jacussi - and what's that in the background?




 

 













Bob gets the bedroom - he's happy.


---- and I get the sofa bed
















bur my views are great too



 


After a good nights sleep!




Now I must tell you about my back which i had an operation on last October - so boring back stories.
Well it began to trouble me a few week ago and I had  serious doubts as to whether I could manage to manouvre a heavy bike -700 pounds. Luckily I had a week to relax and do my core pilates exercises twice a day before departure. And I bought a corset! Which I wear every day while on the long bike trips to give me extra support.






Down in Zion Canyon


Down in Zion Canyon 2



Finally my thoughts on the First Week - a private moment on the riverbed.










Total Mileage to date - 985 miles

3 comments:

  1. Great first week! Thanks for the video diary! Jules :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys thanks for sharing the ride, the heat, the wet and the riding around. Enjoy and ride safe. Eoin
    Eoin Stephenson
    Munster Advanced Riders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, you almost feel you are there , I drove through landscape like this in Mexico , in a car!!!!!

    ReplyDelete